Match 1 CSK v/s RCB. - IPL 2019 Fantasy Team and Prediction

• Virat Kohli’s RCB have lost six of the seven games they have played at Chepauk
  • CSK have lost only one of the 13 games played at home since April 2014
  • RCB are heading into the match with a six-match losing streak against CSK in IPL

With Marcus Stonis out RCB still have no bowling options. It depends on the Toss. If CSK win the toss and elect to field this would be a one-sided game.

My Fantasy predictions- MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina (vice-captain), A.Rayudu, Ab De Villiers, Dwanye Bravo (Captain), K.Jhadav, Moein Ali, Shradul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Y.Chahal, Tim Southee

Prediction- CSK win

5 Likes

nice team. However, I think my team would be a bit different for me the things that matter are:
Pitch Report: The pitch supports spinners more than the fast bowlers. Therefore , the spinners should benefit more from this pitch.

Batsman: Both CSK and RCB are a very decent team and might be considered title contenders but the irony is that both the teams have weak bowling line ups. Therefore expect a lot of runs. A top heavy squad could prove beneficial. My suggestion would be to induct 5 batsmen. My Suggestions:

1. Virat Kohli ©: Probably the safest choice to be the captain. He is certain to make runs and not choosing him would be criminal.
  2. AB De Villiers: The same as Virat Kohli, not choosing him= Criminal.
  3. Shane Watson: Has come out of great form from PSL. Might even bowl 1 or two overs. Certain to open and the last time he played in the IPL, he won the game single-handedly.
  4. Ambati Rayudu: Most Probable opening partner of Shane Watson. Also was in great form while opening last season and found a new version of his game.
  5. S Hetmayer: My Wild card Inclusion. There have been a few doubts that whether he would play or not but in case he plays a quickfire 20-30 can be expected from him which would be great to achieve from your 5th batsman.

Wicket Keeper: For me, It Would Be Parthiv Patel because:

1. He will open if he plays.
  2. Dhoni Will come as number 5 or number 6 and being a batting wicket don’t expect him to get more than 5 overs to play unless and until CSK suffer a batting collapse.

This is a pure gamble but this is one worth taking for sure.

All Rounders: Just Because Marcus Stoinis Is Not Available my choices would be:

1. Ravindra Jadeja: A Sure short selection in the team also might get some purchase and hence a few wickets. / Even Moeen Ali Could be preferred over him.
  2. Shivam Dube: A comparatively unknown identity but anyone who saw him in the domestic circuit must be aware of his big hitting abilities. Therefore can be chosen as another wild card.

Bowlers: The most difficult selection. Our Choices:

1. Imran Tahir
  2. Deepak Chahar
  3. Y Chahal

4 Likes

Both the teams are top heavy and full of all-rounders…So My fantasy eleven would be -
Batting as I said would be top heavy with
Virat Kohli as my captain and Shane Watson as my vice captain… Then it is ABD obviously followed by Shimron Hetmeyer who could give his team a quickfire 30-40… My all rounders will be Jadeja and Jadhav considering Chepauk to be spin friendly…these two could prove to be handy players… My wicket keeper choice will be Parthiv Patel… For the reason that he will be opening so might give me more points… My bowling lineup is rather an obvious one except for one which is Mohit Sharma… I feel being CSK’s one of the favourite kids he might get a chance… Rest of them will be Deepak Chahar, Yuzi Chahal and Umesh Yadav…

Chennai will be favorite due to home ground if nothing else. There will be big selection dilemmas for both teams. CSK would be hard pressed to let go one of Shane Watson, Dwayne Bravo, Imran Tahir, Faf du Plessis to include Sam Billings. RCB would want Shimron Hetmyer in but whom they exclude of Tim Southee, Moeen Ali, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Colin de Grandhomme? Both team have to sort out opening combination too.

My 11 for today…
Heitmayer, Watson, Kohli, De VIlliers, Suresh Raina, Kedar, Sundar, Grandhomme, Chahal, Mohit Sharma, Shardul Thakur.

1 Like