Cristiano Ronaldo - Should he stay at Man Utd or go? 🤔

:rotating_light: Erik Ten Hag will meet with Manchester United’s hierarchy today to discuss the punishment Cristiano Ronaldo should get for his Piers Morgan interview.

(Source: Daily Mail Sport)

22 Likes

Piers Morgan is known to stir controversies. Morgan brings out the worst side of people which otherwise people wouldn’t say out loud in public, I think.

Having said that, Ronaldo had lost credibility when he started hunting for clubs at the beginning of this season in his desperate attempt to play in the Champions League.

When he went out club hunting, his loyalty and enthusiasm playing for Man Utd was questionable even to neutral football fans like me.

In my opinion, Ronaldo had crossed the line in the match against Spurs when he refused to step onto the pitch as a substitute when instructed to against Tottenham. Later in a show of dissent he headed to the locker room and leave the stadium before the final whistle on United’s 2-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford last month. A total disrespect to the manager, team and spirit of the game.

Ten Hag on the contrary downplayed this in the media. After a brief banishing him from the squad for the trip to Chelsea, Ten Hag offered Ronaldo a reprieve, inviting him back into the first team for the following fixture, handing him a start for the Europa League win over Sheriff Tiraspol. Moreover, he was also given the captain band at Aston Villa just over a week ago.

Ronaldo’s outbursts, actions and now this interview has tarnished his reputation instead while spewing out unwarranted criticism at the club, team members and its manager.

In my opinion, Ten Hag has taken up a tough job at Man Utd, trying to transform United’s fortunes and live up to the unparalleled legacy left behind by Sir Alex Ferguson. Frankly, the club has seen better results without Ronaldo and they don’t need a disgruntled player to hinder their chances of turning around to make it into the top 4, if not for the PL title this season. I think, Ten Hag is the only manager who can do this at this moment.

24 Likes

:rotating_light::bomb: Cristiano Ronaldo is set to be fined £1 MILLION by Manchester United for the Piers Morgan interview.

That is two weeks wages.

(Source: Metro)

22 Likes

:rotating_light: Cristiano Ronaldo’s behaviour, and particularly in recent weeks, has disappointed a number of players at Manchester United.

(Source: @TeleFootball)

10 Likes

:rotating_light::bomb: There will be pressure on Erik ten Hag to ensure Cristiano Ronaldo never represents Manchester United again.

(Source: @TeleFootball)

12 Likes

:rotating_light: Erik Ten Hag will meet with Manchester United’s hierarchy today to discuss the punishment Cristiano Ronaldo should get for his Piers Morgan interview.

(Source: @MailSport)

9 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo said that he missed Manchester United’s preseason because his newborn daughter was sick.

12 Likes

Piers Morgan thinks Cristiano Ronaldo could help fire Arsenal to the Premier League title :trophy:

(h/t piersmorgan/TW)

9 Likes

Ronaldo is quoting Picasso now :man_artist:

10 Likes

Has Ronaldo lost the fans? :eyes:

10 Likes

Manchester United will hold further internal discussions today over the Cristiano Ronaldo situation and a possible punishment for the player after talks also took place yesterday.

According to Fabrizio Romano in his exclusive Daily Briefing, there will be further talks taking place today, with a fine for Ronaldo looking like one possible course of action.

“Manchester United spoke internally on Monday and they will keep discussing on Tuesday about the solution of this story and the next step,” Romano explained.

“They’re checking all words said by Cristiano and will be clear on their position. People inside the club feel that it’s almost over between them and Ronaldo after this interview – it’s going to be very difficult to come back from this.

“A fine is a possibility considered internally, while discussions are still taking place.”

United fans will be bitterly disappointed with how Ronaldo is handling his situation, as it looks like it could seriously tarnish his reputation for good.

(Source: Caughtoffside)

13 Likes

Erik ten Hag has informed Manchester United that he does not want Cristiano Ronaldo to play for the club again.

[Rob Dawson, ESPN]

10 Likes

‘Finished’ Cristiano Ronaldo last season:

:trophy: Most Premier League POTM awards
:trophy: Most Man United POTM awards
:trophy: Man United’s Player of the Year
:soccer: Man United’s top scorer
:soccer: Man United’s Goal of the Season
:bust_in_silhouette: Included in Premier League Team of the Year

12 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo: “In my opinion it will be hard for Man United to be in the top of the game in the next two or three years”. :rotating_light: #MUFC

“I want the best for the club, the fans deserve the truth. You have things inside the club which don’t help Man Utd reach the top level”.

15 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo: “I love Solskjær. I think he was a top person, because what I keep inside my heart, it’s the heart of the persons. And Ole for me, is a top person. It’s hard to assume [the role] after Sir Alex Ferguson, but I think he did a good job.” [PiersUncensored]

-RS

13 Likes

Ian Wright suggests Cristiano Ronaldo might need counselling to help him come to terms with his career coming to an end :speaking_head:

13 Likes

:rotating_light: The majority of Manchester United players believe Cristiano Ronaldo should never play for the club again.

(Source: @ManUtdMEN)

11 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo says this generation of players has it too easy :eyes:

11 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo: “It’s [walking out vs Spurs] something I regret, probably, I don’t know. Let’s say I regret. I [also] felt provoked by the coach. I will not allow a coach to put me in for three minutes, I’m not that kind of player. I know what I can give.”

13 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo: “It’s difficult to tell [if he will leave in January] now. My mood is on the World Cup. I don’t know what’s going to happen after. The fans will always be in my heart and I hope they’ll be at my side whether I’m back or not.”

11 Likes