⚽️ 2024/25 Season - General Football Latest News and Updates

:rotating_light: Former Brentford player and son of the legendary David Beckham, Romeo has retired from professional football at the age of 22.

He has decided to end his football career and pursue a career in fashion, having already signed a contract with a modeling agency.

(Source: @SunSport )

12 Likes

For the first time in history, San Marino won a competitive match last night. :san_marino::white_check_mark:

They beat Liechtenstein 1-0. It’s only their second ever win as a footballing nation, with the last one occurring in April 2004 in a friendly. :clap:

13 Likes

:rotating_light: SAN MARINO WIN THEIR FIRST-EVER COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL MATCH :rotating_light:

Their 1-0 win over Liechtenstein is the first win in 20 years for FIFA’s lowest-ranked team in the world

11 Likes

After 17 years representing Uruguay, Luis Suárez plays his final international match on Friday :uruguay::blue_heart:

12 Likes

11 years ago, Cristiano Ronaldo bagged his first hat trick for Portugal.

He’s hit nine more since :triumph:

13 Likes

The top goalscorers in men’s football history :fire:

Is Lionel Messi reaching the 900 goal milestone? :eyes:

13 Likes

Bruno Fernandes now has 21 goal contributions in his last 17 games for Portugal :fire::portugal:

14 Likes

Sandro Tonali’s return to football:

:black_small_square:Played a vital role in creating Newcastle’s goal vs. Nottingham Forest with his first touch
:black_small_square:Assisted Italy’s equaliser vs. France

An instant impact :clap:

13 Likes

:rotating_light::rotating_light:| Convicted footballer Quincy Promes has signed for United FC in Dubai while he remains in the Emirates, awaiting possible extradition to the Netherlands. :exploding_head::united_arab_emirates:

Promes was arrested in Dubai earlier this year at the request of the Dutch Public Prosecution Service while attending a training camp with Spartak Moscow. :flushed::oncoming_police_car:

According to Russian media, the deal with Promes includes an option for a free return to Spartak Moscow if he is permitted to leave the Emirates. :exploding_head::ru:

[@NOSsport]

14 Likes

:calling: Most followed footballers on Instagram:

1. :portugal: Cristiano Ronaldo - 638M
  2. :argentina: Lionel Messi - 504M
  3. :brazil: Neymar Jr. - 224M
  4. :fr: Kylian Mbappé - 122M
  5. :fr: Karim Benzema - 76.4M
  6. :brazil: Marcelo - 67.9M
  7. :es: Sergio Ramos - 64.1M
  8. :egypt: Mo Salah - 63.2M
15 Likes

Four years ago, Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 𝟏𝟎𝟎𝐭𝐡 Portugal goal.

Now he on 131 international goals—no man has more :crown:

12 Likes

:rotating_light: OFFICIAL: Paulinho has RETIRED from professional football. :wave::brazil:

12 Likes

:brazil: Happy birthday to Oscar, who turns 33.

:speaking_head: “I don’t care if I go to the World Cup or not, I’m only criticised for coming to China, I personally think of my family, and my future. I don’t want to get poor when I am old and live on memories that I played in the World Cup.”

14 Likes

Six years ago Luka Modric and Cristiano Ronaldo were celebrating their fourth Champions League title together at Real Madrid :clap:

Now at 39 they’re still delivering game-winners for their national teams. Class is permanent :pinched_fingers::wine_glass:

15 Likes

Scott McTominay for Scotland: A defensive midfielder putting up striker-level stats :eyes:

14 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo’s 901 career goals:

450 - Real Madrid
145 - Manchester United
132 - Portugal
101 - Juventus
68 - Al Nassr
5 - Sporting

99 to go :goat:

14 Likes

:black_small_square: 152 games
:black_small_square: 83 goals