⚽️ 2023/24 Season - General Football News - Open Thread

:rotating_light::speaking_head: João Félix: “I would be happy to stay and continue at Barça, but that does not depend on me.

Let’s see what happens next year, I would really like to play in the new Camp Nou.”

(Source: @JijantesFC)

10 Likes

Breaking: Sergio Aguero is coming out of retirement to play in this summer’s 7v7 tournament The Soccer Tournament with a $1M prize :moneybag:

He’s entering his own team: 𝐀𝐆Ü𝐄𝐑𝐎 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌 and they’ll be debuting Man City’s 24/25 home kit :argentina::fire:

10 Likes

Harry Kane is the first player in Europe’s top five leagues to reach 50 goal contributions this season :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Still might not be enough for a trophy :trophy:

9 Likes

:rotating_light: 𝗢𝗙𝗙𝗜𝗖𝗜𝗔𝗟: Anthony Taylor will referee the PSG-Barcelona quarter-final this week. :man_police_officer::england:

10 Likes

Which quarter-final are you looking forward to most this week? :drooling_face:

9 Likes

:rotating_light: Real Madrid will ask UEFA if they can close the Bernabéu’s roof tomorrow to make the atmosphere as loud as possible against Manchester City.

(Source: @MarioCortegana)

11 Likes

Antoine Griezmann was a busy man yesterday … all three of his children share the same birthday! :sweat_smile::partying_face:

April 8. 2016
April 8. 2019
April 8. 2021

11 Likes

One of the greatest Champions League comebacks ever witnessed. It’s been six years since the ‘Romantada’ :pleading_face:

9 Likes

Rachel Daly has announced her retirement from international football following an incredible career for England :england:

Forever a part of Lionesses’ history :heart::trophy:

7 Likes

:x: Inter Miami: Knocked out in the QFs of the Concacaf Champions Cup.

:x: Al-Nassr: Knocked out in the QFs of the AFC Champions League.

The Messi and Ronaldo era might really be over finally. :no_entry_sign:

11 Likes

It’s been six years since Real Madrid controversially knocked Juventus out of the Champions League.

Gigi Buffon had 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 for referee Michael Oliver after being sent off :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

Inter Miami: knocked out in the QFs of the Concacaf Champions Cup

Al-Nassr: knocked out in the QFs of the AFC Champions League

No new Champions trophy for the :goat:s this season :no_entry_sign:

10 Likes

SECOND-STRAIGHT PROMOTION FOR WREXHAM :fire:

What a journey for Wrexham AFC :clap:

10 Likes

15 years ago today, Cristiano Ronaldo scored one of the best Champions League goals of all-time :rocket:

The goal was so good Ronaldo won the very first Puskas award for it :trophy:

8 Likes

Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez at Inter Miami:

:white_small_square: Messi: 22 games, 18 goals, 11 assists
:white_small_square: Suarez: 12 games, 8 goals, 5 assists

Still making the difference. Some things don’t change! :wine_glass:

9 Likes

Adidas have released a new limited edition Predator in collab with Trent Alexander-Arnold. :athletic_shoe::hot_face:

9 Likes

:rotating_light: OFFICIAL: Atlético Madrid are qualified to Clubs’ World Cup.

Barcelona will NOT be at Clubs’ World Cup.

:england: Man City, Chelsea.
:es: Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid.
:de: Bayern, Borussia Dortmund.
:it: Inter, Juventus.
:fr: PSG.
:portugal: Benfica, Porto.

:question: Final one: Arsenal or Salzburg.

9 Likes

“Making it clear that I’m not competing for the championship, but to play some games for the team of my heart. In addition, I am going to fulfill one more dream: to play alongside my son.” :heart:

58-year-old Romário has registered himself as a player for America Football Club in Rio de Janeiro, where he also serves as club president :brazil:

11 Likes

Three years ago Lionel Messi won the Copa del Rey for the SEVENTH time in a ridiculous display against Athletic Club. It wound up being his final trophy with the club :pleading_face:

11 Likes

:rotating_light: Andriy Shevchenko, who is the head of the Ukraine FA, wants to implement a lie detector test for referees!

He wants one or two ‘surprise’ tests to occur during the season to help remove possible corruption and match fixing.

[Source: @Corriere]

10 Likes