🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 2021/22 Premier League Season: News, Match Results, Stats and Discussions

Philippe Coutinho (4) has double the amount of Premier League goal contributions than Jadon Sancho (2) this season.

He’s only played 3 games :flushed:

14 Likes

Player of the Month: Leah Galton :white_check_mark:

Manager of the Month: Marc Skinner :white_check_mark:

It’s been a month to celebrate for Manchester United in the Women’s Super League :trophy:

11 Likes

Riyad Mahrez has scored in five Premier League games in a row :fire:

13 Likes

:rotating_light: Manchester United’s new training kit, featuring new shirt sponsor Tezos.

United will earn around £24m-a-year from Tezos, one of the world’s most advanced and sustainable blockchains.

11 Likes

:speaking_head: Marcos Alonso:

"Chelsea is the most important club in my career and I want to give back all the trust they put in me.

“I have always had interest from other clubs, but to be honest it was never my intention to leave. I wanted to fight back for a position”

True Blue. :large_blue_circle:

12 Likes

Ralf Rangnick speaking on Cristiano Ronaldo in this afternoon’s press conference:

“He should score more goals, it’s obvious, but it’s not only an issue with Cristiano, it’s an issue with other players, especially the offensive players. We don’t score enough goals.”

10 Likes

Man United’s players are frustrated with Ralf Rangnick’s squad selection methods, with some believing his training sessions are “old fashioned”.

Players have also jokingly likened assistant Chris Armas to fictional football coach Ted Lasso, sources have told ESPN.

9 Likes

Mohamed Salah is leading the charge for the Premier League Golden Boot :soccer:

12 Likes

David De Gea believes Man United are CURSED :flushed:

12 Likes

:rocket: Direct free-kicks scored in the Premier League since the start of last season:

Kieran Trippier - 2 (2 attempts)
Harry Kane - 0 (21)
Bruno Fernandes - 0 (20)
Kevin De Bruyne - 0 (12)

9 Likes

:soccer: Newcastle’s top scorers in the Premier League this season:

:1st_place_medal: Callum Wilson - 6
:2nd_place_medal: Allan Saint-Maximin - 5
:3rd_place_medal: 𝗞𝗶𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝗧𝗿𝗶𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗿 - 𝟮

:confounded: Newcastle have confirmed that Trippier has fractured a bone in his left foot…

12 Likes

:speaking_head: Gary Neville on Newcastle:

“I remember Newcastle when they were right up there challenging for the title. This is the best I’ve seen it in probably 10 or 11 years working; the feeling, the energy in the stadium - St James’ Park is back.”

19 Likes

:writing_hand: Phil Hay: “Leeds are one of only two teams in the current bottom six who have not changed manager this season, and at no stage has Bielsa’s position come up for discussion.”

It looks like Leeds are sticking with their man, going into the business end of the season.

19 Likes

Joelinton has made 20 tackles in his last three Premier League games at St.James’ Park:

:seven: vs. Watford
:seven: vs. Everton
:six: vs. Aston Villa

Eddie Howe has turned him into a machine. :brazil:

18 Likes

The Premier League bottom seven:

14 - Brentford - 24pts
15 - Leeds - 23pts
16 - Everton - 22pts
17 - Newcastle - 21pts

18 - Norwich - 17pts
19 - Watford - 15pts
20 - Burnley - 14pts

Who are the three to go this season?

12 Likes

Most Clean Sheets in the Premier League this season:

:brazil: Ederson (14)
:brazil: Alisson (12)
:england: Aaron Ramsdale (11)
:portugal: José Sá (9)
:fr: Hugo Lloris (8)
:senegal: Edouard Mendy (8)

19 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Who are the best football defenders in the world?

Man United are charged by the FA for players’ reaction to Dunk tackle on Elanga

Manchester United have been charged by the FA following the players’ reaction to Lewis Dunk challenge on Anthony Elanga.

The incident occurred in the 53rd minute of the match when Brighton captain Lewis Dunk was shown a red card for a last-man challenge on Anthony Elanga.

22 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo, David De Gea 8/10 as Man Utd get back to winning ways

Manchester United kept their European hopes alive as Ralf Rangnick’s side returned to winning ways with a vital 2-0 win over 10-man Brighton on Tuesday.

The Red Devils were poor in the first half and could have been dead and buried had the visitors taken the chances. The best of them fell to Jakub Moder, who was twice spectacularly thwarted by David de Gea either side of a Jadon Sancho effort.

But United upped the ante after the break, and the Seagulls undid all their hard work in a frantic three minutes as Cristiano Ronaldo finished emphatically before Lewis Dunk was dismissed for hauling down Anthony Elanga.

The men in red continued to live dangerously, and Moder shook the home crossbar, but Bruno Fernandes struck with virtually the last kick of the game as United finally clung to a lead.

23 Likes

Marcus Rashford has dismissed any claims that Man Utd is splitting up due to signing of Ronaldo

Leading German journalist Christian Falk posted on social media on Wednesday that there is “a risk of a split in the team”. To which Rashford replied, “Are we just making it up as we go along now then?”.

24 Likes