Who Do You Think Will Be The Perfect Fit To Become The Next Indian Coach?

BCCI is in a dilemma after the semi-final exit from The World Cup 2019, either to continue with Ravi Shastri or pick a new coach for the team. They earlier streamlined the eligibility criteria for the next head coach and also set up a three-member team to give the verdict.

The head coach should have coached a Test playing nation for a minimum of two years or three years with an associate member/A team/IPL side. The applicant also should have played 30 Tests or 50 ODIs. The Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) comprising of Kapil Dev, Anshuman Gaekwad and Shantha Rangaswamy are free to pick the next head coach keeping in mind the future roadmap.

Do you think India should go for a foreign face to coach the team? According to the criteria set, Tom Moody, Mike Hesson, Mahela Jayawardane are few names that pop into my mind but going by the current scenario where the Indian team is undergoing trasition the change might disrupt the equation in the squad.

Personally speaking- I want Rahul Dravid to take over as the Head Coach. He is the current Overseas Batting Consultant for the Indian team, and also the Head Coach for the India Under-19 as well as India-A. He’s got the results too and we know how humble a personality he is. Their wouldn’t even be any clash of ideas with the team or with the captain of course.

9 Likes

I am expecting ravi Shastri to continue his term as the coach of Indian team. Virat Kohli favours him a lot. I don’t see a change

5 Likes

Akash Chopra, Seems to have good cricketing brain.

4 Likes

You left Sanjay Manjrekar.
But on a serious note. BCCI clearly said that the captain will not hold any rights to decide or influence the committee for selection. So personal choices and relations don’t matter. It all comes down to getting result.

5 Likes

Jayawardene Yes, he should be the head coach of India for me

5 Likes

According to me

Head Coach: Saurav Ganguly

Batting Coach: Stephen Fleming/ Mike Hussey

Bowling Coach: Glenn McGrath/Zaheer Khan

Head Fielding Coach: Jonty Rhodes / Mohammad Kaif

6 Likes

My pick - Former Australian cricketer Tom Moody.

Moody has shown interest several times in the past. He lost out to Ravi Shastri in 2017, Anil Kumble in 2016, Gary Kirsten in 2008, and Greg Chappell in 2005. He has put his name once again this time.

Moody has held high-profile roles in coaching. He was Sri Lanka team coach where he guided them to the final of the 2007 World Cup. He also was the coach for two IPL teams Kings XI Punjab (2008-2010) and SRH for 7 years guiding them to five playoffs, runners-up in 2018 along with a title in 2016.

Moody has shown good management skills at SRH and for Sri Lanka. I think he will be a perfect fit and a deserving candidate for this responsibility.

Tom-Moody-Cricket-Coach

4 Likes

Saurav would be a good choice. But, He is not ready yet. Tom Moody would be Ideal choice. Second choice will be Ponting.

I am not favoring Mahela, Fleming right now. Fleming may be in Coaching Team but not chief coach. Kumble will also not fit with new age players, He is more in School Teacher mold.

Jonty seems to be all set for fielding coach job. Glen/Zaheer a good choice for bowling coach. A tough choice here as One would prefer Zaheer But India’s current pace attach is predominantly right handers.

A Good spin bowling coach will also be needed, whom would you prefer?

1 Like

I would go for Brad hogg or Stuart macgill

1 Like

Yeh both being wrist spinners, would suit current spin attack. I would side with Hogg as he was well versed with shorter formats as well.

Warne will be fantastic if available. He could work aggressiveness and attitude too with art of turning the ball. ( He will be handful with teaching seductiveness and I am talking just bowling here! :wink:)

1 Like

Six candidates shortlisted today for Team India’s head coach post - Mike Hesson, Tom Moody, Robin Singh, Lalchand Rajput, Phil Simmons and Ravi Shastri

3 Likes

Warne could also be a candidate for head coach. I remember the kind of wonders he did with Shane Watson, yusuf pathan, ravindra jadeja etc when we coached Rajasthan Royals. I would love to see him coaching team India

2 Likes

Moody -> Simmons -> Robin…

2 Likes

I know moody is a good coach but somehow I never felt he could manage team India. He just does not strikes like the kind of personality who could manage team India

2 Likes

The cat is out of the Bag! Literally, BCCI has pulled the cat out of the bag after so much fuss. The circus called Indian Cricket chugs along merrily. :rage:

3 Likes

I think BCCI had made the decision long time back. It was probably a staged formality to shut everybody else and look righteous. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes