Which has been the most dramatic last minute goal ever in a football match?

A lot of competitive football matches are played around the World every week. And as we know football means tackles, cards, wonderful skills, and some last-minute goals. A lot of drama can be observed at a football match. As far as I know, I don’t find anything more dramatic than a last-minute goal. My favorite last-minute goal has been 1999 Champions league final by ole against Bayern Munich. What has been yours?

8 Likes

Aguerooooooo!

Manchester City 3-2 QPR 2012 Premier League Title Winner

2 goals in stoppage time!! Edin Dzeko and Sergio Aguero scored goals last minute to give Man City their PL title after 44 years!

Manchester United and Man City both had 87 points with both the teams having one match to go. Man United beat Sunderland on the final day and it looked like they had their 6th Premier League title in 7 years. Whereas rivals Man City were shockingly behind 1-2 against 10-man QPR in the 90th minute. City needed two goals to do the unthinkable. Then Edin Dzeko leveled in the 92nd minute and Sergio Aguero scored the winner in the 94th minute to win the title on goal difference. City’s first title since 1968.

7 Likes

Sergio Ramos
I’m not a Madrid fan, but when it comes to last-minute goals and changing games, there’s nobody who can argue on Ramos being the best. Who can even forget the 93rd-minute equalizer against Atletico Madrid in Lisbon that sent the match into extra time and then Real won the Champions League 4-1 in 2014. It all changed because of this one person and that is why he’s worth so much for the club.

5 Likes

Lucas Moura
2018–19 UEFA Champions League semi-final — Ajax vs. Tottenham Hotspur, 8 May 2019 :

Ajax had won the first leg 1-0, in the 2nd leg they were leading 2–0 at half time and 3–0 on aggregate. Hotspur right winger Lucas Moura scored two goals for Tottenham in the 2nd half equalizing the score but still needed 1 more to win on away goals. In the 96th minute, Ajax were seconds away from reaching the final when Lucas scored a hat-trick to send Tottenham through to their first ever Champions League final on away goals. This was a great comeback! In finals though Liverpool lifted the UCL trophy.

4 Likes

Teddy Sherringham and Ole Gunner Solsjaer against Bayern Munich , 1999 Uefa champions league final , for me those are my best last minute goals ever.

4 Likes

Steven Gerrard

One of the best FA Cup Final matches of all time, Liverpool met West Ham United and were losing to them 3-2 with the match almost done. It seemed sure that West Ham would be the winner of the match with them coming real close, however, Gerrard had something to say about it. He took a shot at goal from way outside the penalty box and put the ball into the back of the net.

The goal was the equaliser they needed and it destroyed West Ham who was suddenly back to square one. This led to them losing the match in the penalty shootout, and Liverpool winning the FA Cup.

4 Likes

Nerjus Valskis - 90+6 minute. Date: 25/11/2019

Chennaiyan had not scored a single goal prior to this game.The first goal was scored in the injury time to give Chennai the lead, however Hyderabad leveled at 90+5 minutes. The score became 1-1 and it broke the Chennaiyan team. However, Chennaiyan scored just in the next minute and all hell broke loose. They scored of what could have been the last kick of the game had they not scored

3 Likes

Indeed a thrilling game in extra time!
90+2: CFC
90+5: HFC
90+6: CFC

Chennaiyin FC 2-1 Hyderabad FC - Match 23 Highlights | Hero ISL 2019-20

5 Likes