What are your thoughts about Indian pace factory?

Yesterday while in the first t-20 game India found a new star. Navdeep saini impressed everyone by his pace and his other attributes. However, one thing which i would really like to point out here is that I clearly remember once upon a time India was known for its weak fast bowling attack. We hardly use to produce any good fast bowlers with only javagal srinath, zaheer Khan and to an extent ashish nehra making a name for themselves. Though, things have changed and now India is leading the world in pace department. Who or what happened? Can anyone please tell me why this big change happened?

3 Likes

Yes, Recently India have been producing decent fast bowlers. It’s a pleasant shock when an Indian is named as best quick bowler in the world. India was a spin powerhouse, But they are matching the best in business in Pace department too. Srinath-Prasad (Adding Prasad as quick is ironic though) pair was good but it was an exception.

Good things started rolling with Zaheer/Nehra/Irfan. Presently India has an enviable pace battery with Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvi, Ishant, Umesh… Now Saini, Khaleel, Chahar etc are coming up. Seems NCA is doing excellent job.

2 Likes

If you look upto the records from the 2011 World Cup, Indian seam bowling has never been a problem. They have also been consistent. Before the 2015 World Cup, there were talks in media doing rounds that Indian bowling attack is considerably weak as compared to the batting line up. But the bowlers proved it wrong by clinching 10 wickets in every match except the semi-finals. 2019 World cup too. Bowling attack was upto the mark and with phenomenal performance in 2018 Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Umesh Yadav combined to pick up 158 wickets in the 11 overseas Tests India played. The future looks bright too, we have some emerging bowlers like Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Prasidh Krishna, Khaleel Ahmed, Avesh Khan and Navdeep Saini we have a powerpack pace line up. But the only problem with seamers is their consistency and vulnerable to injuries that makes it hard for them to bounce back.

1 Like

Is it nca or mrf pace academy who should bag the credit?

1 Like

The current lot doesn’t belong to MRF AFAIK.

1 Like