Tribute to Yuvraj Singh as he announces retirement. Share your memorable moments of Yuvi

Yuvraj Singh announced his retirement from international cricket at a press conference in Mumbai today.
Let’s recall the memorable moments in his career spanning 19 years, won the Under-19 World Cup for India, 2 senior World Cup winning campaigns – 2007 World T20 and 2011 World Cup.

The most memorable record to me was when Yuvraj Singh hit six sixes in one over against England pacer Stuart Broad in the World T20 2007. That performance against England took Yuvraj among the top batsman with the fastest fifties in a T20I match, scoring 50 in just 12 balls, a record that still stands.

7 Likes

“It’s time to say goodbye and walk away. It was a beautiful story, but it has come to an end.” “My next focus in life is to help cancer patients and under privileged kids” ~ Yuvi !:heart:

All the best for your future Thank you for all the memories We will miss you:heart::disappointed_relieved:

D8sEzU_V4AEeAEL

5 Likes

Hardwork Passion Emotions
You are Inspiration for millions
Player of the Series 2007 ![:trophy:] 2011! [:trophy:]
Wish you all the best for Future!
He’s more than a LEGEND

com-optimize

1 Like

After Yuvi debuted, It was said that if scores fifty, India will not loose. In his first 17 fifties, India only lost once. Of his first 20, India lost only twice.

He was real good finisher. After Ajay Jadeja, He inherited the mantle of finisher of Indian cricket.

3 Likes

Talking of Yuvi, Everybody’s favorite moment,

3 Likes

India vs Australia #2011 #worldcup #yuvraj

2 Likes

If not anything else we will certainly miss the perfect Bat Swing that Yuvi had. I’ll be a fan of him for lifetime.
MSD and Yuvi were the best duo on field and fortune favours the best. When Yuvi hit 6 sixers Dhoni was at the non strikers end & when Dhoni finished the 2011 WC Yuvi was at the non strikers end. So, some combinations are destined.

2 Likes

Very elegant and fluid. Also, Yuvi was 360 player. He had Glance, Sweep, Hook, Pull, On Drive, Straight Drive, Off Drive, Square Drive, Square Cut… you name it. All shots with un-paralled power. Best fielder India had till date. Only Kaif and A couple of current lot can compete. An useful bowler too.

1 Like

One who actually revolutionized fielding in Indian cricket too. Along with Kaif. He definitely deserved a better farewell. :frowning:

1 Like

I think i started watching cricket, that is whole 600 balls from 2002 champions trophy. I was new to cricket and didn’t recognise anyone other than dada, sachin and dravid.
It was India’s game with South Africa. India was battling the team and gibbs and Smith were toying with Indian bowlers. There was no hope, gibbs was injured but still hopes were as less as possible… Suddenly smith played a sweep shot and ball went behind the keeper and another four was expected. However, a young lad from Punjab had other plans. The young almost Bollywood beauty kind of a guy dived on his left and took a catch. That to be honest Is the first dive i remember watching in a cricket game. Suddenly, through a yuvraj miracle, India won the game though another youngster virendra Sehwag was quoted as the hero because of his economical bowling but for me, i found another hero that day. Whenever people talk about they talk about 2007 and 2011 however for me a hero was born that day.

2 Likes

Perhaps, it just suffices to say that he should’ve played one last match, imagine that occasion!