No Salah, no Firmino, no hope? Liverpool ready for Mission Impossible against Barcelona

Even for a club with such a rich history of comebacks against the odds, it would be something special if the Reds do it against Barcelona. They must attempt the impossible without two of their own stars, too. Mohamed Salah, their most decisive player, and Roberto Firmino, arguably their most important, will both miss the game. Jurgen Klopp is targeting a “perfect” performance at Anfield and if Liverpool defies all the odds and wins this it will be the greatest comeback and a much bigger one than the “miracle in Istanbul”.
Can they reach the second successive Champions League final?

12 Likes

While a lot of people are saying “No” I would say “ Yes”!

The game is at Anfield, and it s their fortress with the effects of home crowd and support as well as the familiar ground but best player of Liverpool Mohamed Salah and Firminho is injured. Liverpool played very well in first leg but were unlikely on various attempts but deficit is huge. Liverpool’s back line is indisputably stronger than Barcelona.

Hoping for an entertaining game.
giphy

11 Likes

They have a chance but the probability is very low in my opinion, maybe around 10%.
Thanks Liverpool for good memories come stronger next year :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Didn’t have much hope in the first place to be honest.

Just ask Barca to sit Messi out to make it more fair. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I believe it will be beyond Liverpool. Not only are they missing Firmino and Salah…they will be without Keita’s drive from the midfield as well.

The Guinean was key to Liverpool’s early dominance at Camp Nou last week. It all went downhill after he went off with an injury.

The Reds simply do not have enough goals and creativity to overturn a 3-0 deficit today.

8 Likes

Sources says that Barcelona is still searching for Messi after he was reported missing at Anfield
1463572356-klopp-gif

4 Likes

They should look for him in VVD’s pocket

5 Likes