MS Dhoni In Recent Interview

The Indian captain who is characterized by his cool demeanor and ability to tackle crunch situations, MS Dhoni has been a force to reckon in Indian cricket. The two time World Cup-winning captain hasn’t been in great touch lately and has been the centre of a lot of criticism.

But despite the criticism he has faced, Dhoni has been in his ever-cool state and now, making his first commercial appearance since India’s shocking loss to New Zealand in the semi-final of the World Cup, the former Indian skipper has shared that he feels the effect of emotions like everyone else, but is better at controlling them.

“I am like everyone else but I control my emotions better than some of the other individuals,” Dhoni was quoted as saying by Times of India.

There has been a lot of speculation about Dhoni’s career after the World Cup but it seems like he hasn’t given it a thought yet. He went on to speak about how he tackles adverse situations.

“I would say, I feel equally frustrated. I also feel angry at times, disappointed. But what is important is that none of these feelings are constructive,” he said.

The former skipper shared that he focuses more on finding solutions rather than wondering about how tough the problem is and that has been of great help to him.

“What needs to be done right now is more important than any of these emotions. What is the next thing I can plan? Who is the next individual, whom I can use? Once I get into it, I am controlling my emotions in a much better way.”

The champion leader further talked about the importance of team effort and how each and everyone in the team is responsible and revealed how team effort helped India to ultimately triumph in the T20 World Cup in 2007.

"Ultimately, winning or losing comes to each and every individual who is part of the team. In team sport, everybody has a role and a responsibility. Throughout the T20 World Cup, the roles and responsibilities given to individuals was fulfilled to the best manner possible. That was the reason we won the tournament.

“It’s not always about a few of the individuals performing a lot better than the whole lot. What you want is for everybody to contribute. That one wicket at that right moment, that outstanding catch,” the 38-year-old concluded.

12 Likes

He will bounce back strong and hard and shut all the critics. He still has cricket left in him and will drop down his gloves once he knows the future prospect of Indian cricket team is clear.

5 Likes

We don’t need him to bounce back actually. We just need him to back-off. He had his time. Now he and India needs to move on.

No point if team suffers due to him or a young talent who can take Team forward has to sit out.

3 Likes

I’ve heard this several times on this forum. Who are you referring to as ‘we’ coz I don’t see many aggreing to your views. It’s no one but the board and Dhoni who will decide his time has come or not and as far as I believe he still has cricket left in him.

Can you mention who is suffering and who has to sit out? Rishab Pant? Like really?

2 Likes

You may believe he still has cricket left in him, I believe he lost it some while ago.

Yes, Pant is definitely losing out. So are Samson, Bharat, Ishan and so many others.

2 Likes

They still have a lot to prove on the grassroot level or IPL for that matter. The Leagcy of Dhoni is very far for them at this point of time.

3 Likes

Most inspirational personality, I have ever seen in a past history.

1562815943-Dhoni-crying-AP

3 Likes

Dhoni’s interview :point_down:

4 Likes

Yes, He controls his emotions so well. Particularly in front of camera.

1 Like