Is man city doomed because of their defense?

I know this is a little late for this topic but my basic question remains the same. After the injury to Laporte, man city have been struggling with their defense and it could have not been more visible than what it was against Norwich. Otamendi is definitely can not be their main defender. However, the thing which surprised me the most is that they don’t have even a single other senior defender which means either they will continue with otamendi or go for some academic product. Also one thing which can be tried is pushing Fernandinho to the back four. Guordiola already has a history of converting cdm to cb. He changed masceranho and Martinez to cb In barca and Bayern respectively. What should Guordiola do now? Will this injury cost them the title? Will Liverpool easily win the title as they already have a 5 point lead?

2 Likes

After Aymeric Laporte’s long term injury City have struggled in the defense line. Stones and Otamendi couldn’t build up the co-ordination against Norwich and that 3rd goal was a disaster. As per recent news, John Stones will be out for between four and five weeks after suffering a muscle injury in training.This is a huge blow to Guardiola as he is now left with one established central defender in Nicolas Otamendi. They have some crucial games lined up in Champions League and PL.

Last season too, Liverpool were seven points ahead at the start of January and it still wasn’t enough for them to lift the trophy, so it is too soon to decide the title winners. But City are clearly struggling in the defense line and they will definitely look to sign a CB in the January transfer.

3 Likes

Give it time. Things might change after a while. It would be too soon to judge. After yesterday’s victory of Napoli against Liverpool I am not so sure about Liverpool’s chances as well

3 Likes

City Fan? Eh? though agreed, Napoli one was an amazing game.

1 Like