Is India's pace attack best in the world?

Swing? Check. Pace? Check. Record? Check! These are the words suitable to describe the fiery pace attack of Indian bowling. Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav are the frontline bowlers of India in white jersey. India can confidently rely on these pace guns in sub-continent as well as on foreign land.

The right-arm pacers have bagged up 142 wickets at an astounding average of 20.59 from 2018. The triplet of Bumrah, Shami and Ishant have beaten the greatest of pace packs on strike-rate and bowling average in just one year and nine months. Recently, Brian Lara expressed his thoughts on the Indian bowling lineup. He said. “It’s the Indian pace attack. Unbelievable. I saw them in the West Indies. When you look at the quality – (Jasprit) Bumrah, (Mohammed) Shami, (Umesh) Yadav – all these guys, and the guys on the sidelines, like Bhuvi (Bhuvneshwar Kumar) are unbelievable”.

9 Likes

India’s pacer are doing fantastic recently. Particularly heartening is their performance on Indian soil. Traditionally India have relied on spinners to win games at home. But, Pacers have often out performed Spinners in recent years.

In ongoing Ind-SA series pacers have taken wickets at an average of 17.5ich is unprecedented. Next best was 18.4 in 1995-96 vs NZ. Umesh has taken 3+ wickets in last 5 inning he has bowled at home. The first one to do so. If he had taken one more in second inning, it would have been sixth suh consecutive inning.

This performance is in absence of Bumrah & Bhuvi which makes it even more scary for other teams. There are still Saini, Shradul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Prasidh Krishnan, Shivam Maavi, Nagarkotti, Avesh Khan, Khalil Ahmed and a few more waiting in the wings.

“Beware world” Better take my advice, Prepare turning tracks when India tours.

4 Likes

India’s pace attack will have their real test when they face teams like Australia, England and New Zealand at their backyard. The green lush tracks that are made for the overseas pace bowlers especially in New Zealand will be Team India’s biggest challenge. We’ll have to see if Captain Kohli will go with 4 seamers to attack and dominate.

Currently Indian bowling line up is the best the world and with spinners like Ashwin, Jadeja and Chahal, I don’t think anyone can stop India from lifting the World Test Championship

4 Likes