Indian Domestic Circuit (Cricket): For the lovers of Indian domestic cricket

This thread is for the lovers of the domestic circuit of Indian cricket. Stories from Syed Mushtaq, Ranji, Duleep, and Vijay Hazare trophies to be shared here.

10 Likes

Why was Suryakumar Yadav never considered for the Indian international setup?

5 Likes

Syed Mushtaq semifinals tomorrow:

1st game: Rajasthan vs Haryana
2nd game: Tamil Nade vs Rajasthan

Who do you think will advance?

3 Likes

Haryana Vs Karnataka
Tamil Nadu Vs Rajasthan
I see Karnataka and Tamil Nadu in finals.

6 Likes

Abhimanyu mithun takes four wicket in four balls and five wickets in six balls.
Haryana was 192-3 in 19 overs, Mithun bowled the 20th wicket. The Haryana innings ended at 194-8.

Any such weird incidents that you remember?

3 Likes

You answered it right. We will witness the southern Derby in the final.
Another peculiar thing which i witnessed. Ravi ashwin opened the batting. Washington sunder came in at third for Tamil nadu

4 Likes

Deepak Chahar has tough competition! He needs to up his game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Well if its sarcasm then good not. If not then mithun was extremely lucky to get five wickets. He at best like at most is ranji level. Not even ipl.
He played for national team in the dark ages that is when our bowling line consisted of r vinay kumar and ashok dinda… :smile:

1 Like

Magic happened when hope was lost.

Mithun was bowling the last over of his four-over quota. He had conceded 38 runs in his first three overs without taking any wickets. Captain Manish Pandey handed him the ball to bowl his last over - Mithun’s only chance of redeeming himself.

This is where the magic began to unfold : 5 wickets in an over!!

1. First, he got JH Rana of Haryana caught out by Mayank Agarwal. Rana was batting at 61 and was beginning to pose threats to Karnataka when he became Mithun’s first victim of the match.
  2. His next victim was RK Tewatia, who was caught by Karun Nair for 32.
  3. SP Kumar, who replaced Tewatia, was out for a golden duck giving Mithun his well-deserved hat-trick.
  4. His next delivery saw AR Mishra throw his wicket away for 0.
  5. JH Saroha managed to steal a quick single, bringing JJ Yadav on the strike. Yadav too fell to Mithun as KL Rahul made no mistake in holding on to his catch.

6 Likes

I know. Was watching the game live. All five batsman got out trying to play attacking shots… I have been following mithun since the start of his career. Watched him play in the blue Jersey of india… Decent bowler

2 Likes

Syed Mushtaq Final scheduled from 6:50 PM. The final will be played between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Players like Manish Pandey, Dinesh Karthlk , KL Rahul, R Ashwin, Washington Sunder etc etc will take the field.
Who is the favourite and why?

2 Likes

I Feel Karnataka is way too strong for Tamil Nadu. There batting is international level. I mean if we compare their batting with international teams. They are easily better than half the international squad:
Their top even are:
Paddikal (Highest run-getter in Vijay Hazare)
KL Rahul
Mayank Agarwal
Manish Pandey
Karun Nair
R Kadam
K Gowtham
Shreyas Gopal

I feel this batting is way to strong to be defeated.
Catch: Tamil Nadu defeated Karnataka in their match in the super league.

4 Likes

Actually Karnataka defeated TN both in Super League match and in Vijay Hazare Finals last month.

Today, Karnataka will defend the title and win again.

3 Likes

Finals tonight at 7 pm in Surat. Defending Champions Karnataka vs Tamil Nadu.

Karnataka (Playing XI) :

Devdutt Padikkal, Lokesh Rahul(w), Mayank Agarwal, Manish Pandey ©, Karun Nair, Rohan Kadam, Krishnappa Gowtham, Shreyas Gopal, V Koushik, Jagadeesha Suchith, Ronit More

Top 2 batsmen and bowlers for Karnataka

Batsmen

Devdutt Padikkal 548 runs (11 matches)

K.L. Rahul 291 runs (7 matches)

Bowlers

Shreyas Gopal 18 (11 matches)

Ronit More 11 (7 matches)

Tamil Nadu (Playing XI):

Hari Nishanth, Shahrukh Khan, Washington Sundar, Dinesh Karthik(w/c), Baba Aparajith, Ravichandran Ashwin, Vijay Shankar, M Siddharth, Murugan Ashwin, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, T Natarajan

Top 2 batsmen and bowlers for Tamil Nadu

Batting

Dinesh Karthik 291 runs (11 matches, 9 innings)

Washington Sundar 247 runs (9 matches, 8 innings)

Bowlers

R Sai Kishore 20 (11 matches)

T Natarajan 13 (10 matches)

Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy - Most Titles Won

9 Likes

R Ashwin pulled Tamil Nadu back after a good start from Karnataka. The indian opening pair of KL rahul and Mayank Agarwal departs. Paddikal looking in exceptional touch.
56/2 in 5.4 overs

3 Likes

Karnataka win the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy! They beat TN by 1 run. What a nail-biting match!!

8 Likes

Ashwin did a mushiqufir rahim… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy Winners

2006/07 - Tamilnadu
2009/10 - Maharashtra
2010/11 - Bengal
2011/12 - Baroda
2012/13 - Gujarat
2013/14 - Baroda
2014/15 - Gujarat
2015/16 - Uttar Pradesh
2016/17 - East Zone
2017/18 - Delhi
2018/19 - Karnataka
2019/20 - Karnataka

Also…

2019 Vijay Hazare Trophy Final - Karnataka Defeated Tamilnadu

2019 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy Final - Karnataka Defeated Tamilnadu

3 Likes

I read a brilliant analytical piece about Karnataka and i agree with the piece. Have you seen a Akshay Kumar flick, Chandi Chowk to China? it had a dialogue
“Dushman ko aapke us 100 hathiyar se khatra nhi jise aapne ek baar practice kiyaa ho, Dushman ko aapke us 1 hathiyar se khatra hai jo aapne 100 baar practice kiya ho”

In the same way, karnataka just focused on their batting. Their batting has the potential to win any game and therefore, they are almost invincible in the limited over cricket.

4 Likes

When walking out on pitch in ongoing Vidarbha vs Andhra match, Wasim Jaffer became first player to play in 150 Ranji Trophy matches. Going strong at 41 years of age! He is current highest run scorer in Ranji at 11,775 runs with biggest haul of 40 centuries in the tourney.

Wasim%20Jaffer

6 Likes