ICC CWC 2019 - SF2- AUS vs ENG

Well, its time for the Semi-final 2. Aus won the toss and opted to bat. ENG going with same team and AUS made 1 change (P.Handscomb).

Australia’s last ODI win in Edgbaston came in 1993. England is unbeaten in Edgbaston in their last ten games here across formats.

There is a chance of rain today.
So, what is your prediction today?

5 Likes

Don’t be so quick about today’s match.

This was the yesterday match prediction. Lol

3 Likes

A new world champion this time around- favourite England.

3 Likes

Massive day for English cricket team.
Your oldest enemy Australia in the semi-final of the World Cup.
Only one way to beat the Aussies - take the attack to them.
Go for it …

3 Likes

Australia 14/3 in 6.1 overs with 3 batsmen back in the pavilion. At the end of 15 overs Aus 47/3. Looks like England’s game so far.

3 Likes

Both the batsmen are looking comfortable now. If one of this pair remains till the end, ENG must be prepared to chase a challenging total.

1 Like

If Aussies take the score to 250, then it will be difficult for England to chase.

1 Like

Much needed comeback by the Aussies

I expected Australia to be the winner. However seems like England got the better of them. Though England is not good at chasing. So would be a very very interesting second half

1 Like

I felt opening pair is the difference between two teams, Warner looked good but couldn’t continue the flow. Finch gone for duck. Unlike AUS, ENG openers attacked the AUS bowlers right from the start. They played some fearless cricket and never let any bowler to settle. You can understand this when Finch asked Smith to bowl. The good thing here is we are going to see a new champion who wasn’t a champion earlier rather than seeing the same teams lifting the cup. Super excited for the final:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

England will now lift their first ever 50-over World Cup. The team is strong and more importantly home support. After a group stage exit in 2015 the have undoubtedly bounced back recapitalizing the squad.

2 Likes

I think Its too early to be so confident mate.Yes, they have a good team like never before. Absolutely ENG are favorites but playing Final on their home ground adds a bit more pressure on them. But for NZ nothing to loose and its their 2nd consecutive final appearance. Im sure they are not going repeat the mistakes that they have done in 2015. I don’t mind who wins but I just want a nail-biting match

2 Likes