ENG vs Ireland Test Match

Eng have announced their squad for the upcoming Test match against Ireland. Roy & Lewis Gregory got maiden test call. Stokes, Butler are rested & Wood, Archer are suffering with the injuries.Here is the squad

Squad: Joe Root ©, Moeen Ali, Jimmy Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Sam Curran, Joe Denly, Lewis Gregory, Jack Leach, Jason Roy, Olly Stone, Chris Woakes.

5 Likes

I don’t really care about England squad as I know they would easily win the test. However, what I like the most about these kind of tests are that they will be very very good for the Irish squad. The world champions facing them would give them a great level of confidence. Icc should arrange more of such tests where top teams face the so called associate nations. It would be very beneficial for these nations. If ICC would have taken such a call 15 years from how who knows eoin Morgan may still be playing for Ireland instead of leading England.

3 Likes

Agree with Anubhav. This historic match should have taken place long back and maybe Eoin Morgan would have still been with Ireland.

William Porterfield will lead Ireland’s team at Lord’s from 24-27 July.

3 Likes

I think this will somehow help ENG also. They can test their debutant players and they can adopt themselves to test cricket format. Before the big Ashes series, I think this will help ENG

2 Likes

English - Irish rivalries should be interesting. Should Ireland rise enough like SL, This may even rival Ashes one day. :crossed_fingers: