Djokovic v Federer: Best Wimbledon final of all time?

Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer battled it out in the longest (4hrs 57 mins) ever singles final yesterday.

16th Grand Slam for Djoker (7-6 (7-5) 1-6 7-6 (7-4) 4-6 13-12 (7-3)), perhaps his best final performance to date. As for Federer, he will be gutted but he doesn’t seem to be slowing down just yet.

Was it the best Wimbledon final of all time?

6 Likes

Sometimes I feel, Luck should favor you even though worked so hard. Yesterday’s Finals(ICC CWC & Wimbledon) were the best examples. Tough luck NZ & Federer

4 Likes

What day in London for sports?!?! :astonished:

Another two exhaustingly thrilling finals coming to my mind are, 2009 Federer-Roddick & 2008 Federer-Nadal. One will be hard pressed to choose between these 3.

2001 Final of Ivansevic-Rafter is no less too. The crowd support for lanky Croat was to be seen to be believed on the day! One of the best servers of al time, Goran serving out the match was the most dramatic and emotional service game I have ever seen.

3 Likes

Another epic match! Federer and Djokovic being my favorites, it was a joy to watch them play. I was rooting for both while everyone around me watching the match gave me confused glares looking at my weird behavior. Federer was as agile as a player in twenties and being the grass King displayed beautiful tennis throughout the match. Djokovic being the comeback hero & a fighter, with his never give up attitude, resurrected his chance of winning when Federer was at Championship point twice and denying him both. I wonder how long the match would have lasted had the new Wimbledon tiebreaker rule of 12-12 in the final set, not in place.

For the fans, both Federer and Djokovic deserved the Championship trophy just as the Cricket World Cup Finalist.

5 Likes

Undoubtedly the best final Tennis match I’ve seen over a long period. I wanted Federer to win but that’s okay. We have to compliment the game that the 38 year old played and despite every winner that he shot in the game the tiebreaker decided it in the end. Just not a lucky day in England yesterday.

4 Likes

Almost 4.5 hrs of play. When true champions plays this is what happens. Its unbelievable. I thought Federer will improve his record against Djoko but that’s okay. He has given everything what he can.He might have lost the game but the way he fought at this age is admirable.Tough luck Federer

4 Likes