Cricket News Thread

India opener Shikhar Dhawan has been ruled out of the upcoming 3-match T20 series against West Indies, starting December 6. Wicketkeeper-batsman Sanju Samson has been named the replacement for Dhawan. Sanju Samson also earned a T20I call-up for the 3-match T20I series against Bangladesh but he did not make it to the playing XI even as India clinched the series 2-1.

Samson’s selection in the squad for the three T20I puts already beleagured Pant in even more dicey position. Many believe that a lot time has been invested in Pant and Now Sanju needs a chance.

Shikhar Dhawan is recovering from a left knee injury that he suffered during a Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy T20 game for Delhi earlier this month.

8 Likes

As far as I have heard. Sanju will open the innings

1 Like

It is going to be:
Sanju
Rohit
Kohli
Rahul
Pant

Out of the topic question? do you feel suryakumar yadav desrves a place in the Indian setup?

4 Likes

Warner becomes Seventh batsman to make a triple century for Australia. First triple in Test cricket since Karun Nair v England in 2016. Second in day-night Tests after Azhar Ali’s 302 not out.

Triple Centuries In Test vs Pak

Garry Sobers (1958)
Mark Taylor (1998)
Virender Sehwag (2004)
David Warner (2019)*

5 Likes

The perfect redemption story.
However the game has been a horror story for Pakistan.
Why do you think pakistani bowlers are struggling to this extent in Australia?

4 Likes

BCCI announce central contracts for period Oct 19 - Sep 20

Grade A+ (INR 7 cr) - Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah

Grade A (INR 5 cr) - Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, K L Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Mohd. Shami, Ishant Sharma, Kuldeep Yadav, Rishabh Pant

Grade B (INR 3 cr) - Wriddhiman Saha, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Hardik Pandya, Mayank Agarwal

Grade C (INR 1 cr) - Kedar Jadhav, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, Manish Pandey, Hanuma Vihari, Shardul Thakur, Shreyas Iyer, Washington Sundar

Most Noteworthy Thing - No MSD Here!

5 Likes

Sachin Tendulkar playing after 5.5 years😍

Gilchrist XI VS Ponting XI (Bushfire Relief match)

Innings break

Ellyse Perry challenged Sachin Tendulkar✌️

4 Likes

Cricket legends turn back the clock in Bushfire Bash charity match.

Managed to raise over USD 7.7 million for the communities devastated by the fires.

From Ponting to Lara, Gilchrist to Tendulkar, Wasim to Hayden, the legends came out and so too did the fans for one epic afternoon at Junction Oval in Melbourne.

5 Likes

USA equaled a dubious record of lowest innings score in ODI. They managed it against Nepal in ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup League 2 at Kirtipur. The sole holder of the distinction were Zimbabwe who did this vs SL in 2004.

USA weren’t all failure though.They managed to create a record of being bundled out in minimum overs. They needed just 12 overs to do so. Managing to overhaul previous best by good two overs! :grinning:

5 Likes

Corona Virus has started it’s effect on Indian sports scene too. Latest being affected is none other than IPL. It’s a decided that this years IPL will be conducted indoors to avoid large gatherings of people.

It e\seems to be a sensible decision. Better than abandoning the event altogether. Minimizing the risk and effect.

4 Likes

IPL organizers must be taking the call more out of pressure from other Sports organizers around the world. Not that they are really concerned about the spread of the virus! :roll_eyes::angry:

5 Likes

Stephen Harold Gascoigne, nicknamed the Yabba, was a fan who was famous for his one-liners like “Your lengths lousy but you bowl a good width!” at the SCG.

In 2008, a statue was sculpted honouring his support to Australian cricket.

Today, he is the only man with a seat.

ES-HjZbUMAA1k0H

4 Likes

India’s remaining two ODIs against South Africa in Lucknow and Kolkata called off in wake of COVID-19 pandemic: BCCI official

3 Likes

SA to come back at a later date to play 3 ODI series.

5 Likes

Kohli & Rohit in ICC KOs

CT 2013 Semi & Final
Kohli - 58* |43
Rohit - 33 |9

WT20 2014 Semi & Final
Kohli - 72* |77
Rohit - 24 |29

WC 2015 Semi
Kohli - 1
Rohit - 34

WT20 2016 VQ | Semi
Kohli - 82* |89*
Rohit - 12 |43

CT 2017 Semi & Final
Kohli - 96*| 5
Rohit - 123*| 0

7 Likes

Centuries of centuries 100TH 100

In 2012 Sachin Tendulkar Scored his 100th Int Century Vs Bangladesh.

Despite This Century India Lost The Game as Indian Bowlers Failed To Defend 289 Runs.

Out of Sachin’s 49 ODI Centuries
India Lost: 14 Times
Won: 33

11 Likes

Players to get Run-out, Most Times

In ODI - Atapattu
In Test - Ponting
In T20I - R Taylor
In Intl - Dravid

12 Likes

My Top 5 Best Players Last 20 Years

•Tests

1. Smith
  2. Jacques Kallis.
  3. Dravid
  4. Dale Steyn.
  5. Sachin Tendulkar.

•ODIs

1. Virat Kohli.
  2. Ab De Villiers.
  3. Glenn McGrath.
  4. Ricky Ponting.
  5. Rohit Sharma/Sachin Tendulkar.

What’s Your Top 5

9 Likes

Who are your TOP 5 left handed batsman in ODIs of last 20 years?

Mine:
1.Sanath - easily one of most explosive batsman.
2.Lara - he was all class in his prime.
3.Sangakkara - unstoppable in his prime.
4.Gilchrist - finest WK opening batsman.
5.Hayden - one of the consistent guy.

12 Likes

Brian Lara & Gilchrist :raised_hands:

8 Likes