Are MSD's chances gone with IPL?

As it seems increasingly likely that there won’t be an IPL this summer, there remains no stage to make a comeback claim for MSD. So, There are scant chances of him returning to Indian national team.

What do you guys have to say?

12 Likes

“I am not going to be diplomatic. I am talking about if I was the chairman of the selection committee, what would I do. If the IPL does not happen then his (Dhoni’s) chances are very, very bleak”, Former chairman of selectors Kris Srikkanth said on Saturday on Star Sports’ show Cricket Connected.

9 Likes

Dhoni has not played since World Cup semi-final against New Zealand last july. IPL is a testing ground for Dhoni. Without IPL, we will not be able to know his current form and whether he is fit to play T20 World Cup. Also, if he is still slow at run chases.

KL Rahul and Rishabh Pant will be good choices for the squad.

7 Likes

If the IPL does not happen this year, then it will become very difficult for MS Dhoni to make a comeback but Dhoni still has a lot to offer to Indian Cricket. Do not push him into retirement to early. I think only Dhoni knows his mental state and its depends on the selectors.

main-qimg-6acff185a1978a66dd07fd51ef084628

10 Likes

I completely think so

5 Likes

I am a big fan of Dhoni but I think it is time now to give way to performing players to realize their full potential and take the center stage. Stars are born only when given the opportunity to shine.

6 Likes

He is the best Indian cricketer ever. Watch him play online in IPL live for free. Just follow the link.

2 Likes